Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS V10 error while opening or writing the mesh files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqur3an

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone , I am beginner in using HFSS environment , I have HFSS V10 , and begin to read the user guide and other tutorials , I am sure that the design is ok , but i have always the same error when I analyze my work :

[error] Initial mesh, process mesh3d : Error while opening or writing the mesh files.
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine.

please can anybody help in that ???!!!!

I think it is related to the settings of the software , I tried a lot to solve this with no use . Plz i need some one to help in that , and I'll be grateful .....
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: HFSS V10 problem

It sounds like you may have an error in the 3D model. Try building a vers simple model and see if you can get that to run. Then gradually add detail and try running again. Then add more detail etc. until you get to the model that you want.

You may be able to see where the 3D model went wrong by building detail (gradually) and complexity (gradually). The results form the interim models do not even need to be useful. The object is to get a model constructed without errors and one that runs and then go for the desired analysis.

Try to walk before you run.

HFSS V10 problem

Dear Azulykit , thanks for your cooperation !
Actually I tried to analyze the examples that came with the software and examples were posted here in the EDABOARD , but still having the same error , i am sure that it is in the program itself , but donno how should I solve it !!!

HFSS V10 problem

No, this is a problem of HFSS license!!
please change to a valid license before carrying out simulation

HFSS V10 problem

dingjingfeng , may be it is like that ??? but can you help me to do it >>> what steps should I do ??? Thanks in advance

HFSS V10 problem

Sorry, I cannot afford to buy a license for you.

HFSS V10 problem

I don't ask to do so , I am just asking what should I do and how , I have stated earlier that I am beginner ;)

Yes, Dingjingfeng was right, this belong to license problem.
However, I wonder why you don't try to setup your software again. Someone has some similar problems and re-installing solved them well.

Hi nqur3an,
Let try with this example, that I run well on my computer, to confirm your problem.

Regards!

Basically there is a problem with your design,firstly start with simple designs go through the tutorials which can be downloaded through net and then start your simulation

HFSS V10 problem

i formated my pc , installed win XP and HFSS v9.2 it is working now
but wg_combiner is locked !!!!

HFSS V10 problem

deleting the lock file in the same dir will be OK

HFSS V10 problem

lock file is regenerated each time i try to open it .
i mean after i delete it

HFSS V10 problem

when you open the project, an lock file will occure
but it will automaticly deleted after it has been closed

try to delete the file before open the HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back