Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hfss tutorial or help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xulfee

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
createhelix ansoft

can someone send me hfss help to learn this software

Dear xulfee,

There are a lot of tutorials for HFSS on that forum. Search for them. Also check www.emtalk.com. it contains some useful examples.

Best Regards,
imodelit Moderator

i'm new for hfss,can some one tell how can i start it

easly u can study its fullbook
if there is a problm u can ask me!!!
best regards

which book u'll suggest me to study???can u send me?

I am also a new user of HFSS,I want to draw a toroid,but I could't draw :cry:
Could you kindly help me?I draw a 1D or 2D object,and try to draw a helix,but could't do :(
please help me...

Added after 21 minutes:

HFSS gives an error such as : Body could not be created for part because of invalid parameters to cREATEhELİX operation.
I will be glad ,if you can say waht can I do?

u can draw a helix in some other cad software.
Import the model in HFSS.

vsinwt said:
I am also a new user of HFSS,I want to draw a toroid,but I could't draw :cry:
Could you kindly help me?I draw a 1D or 2D object,and try to draw a helix,but could't do :(
please help me...

Added after 21 minutes:

HFSS gives an error such as : Body could not be created for part because of invalid parameters to cREATEhELİX operation.
I will be glad ,if you can say waht can I do?

create a 2D circular patch, select this patch, click the helix command to draw a helix . remmember the Axis of the patch should perpendicular to axis of helix and don;'t have intersection.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

may any body plz tell me how to use parametric analysis in HFSS

Hello, I am new in HFSS V11 software. I have tried out a tutorial to simulate LVDS. However, i am do not know how to assign wave port terminal. In my HFSS v11, the wave port just ask for Waveport name and then follow by post processing. I didnt not indicate for terminal assignment. How can i assign terminal to it?

In addition, can some one enlighten me what HFSS capability in terms of simulation semiconductor package such as BGA.

Thank you

Hey Giovienni

To define terminals on wave ports, the solution type of your model has to be "Driven Terminal" - I expect you have "Driven Modal":

Right-click on your HFSS Design (the blue boxes symbol) in the Project Manager and choose "solution type", then activate the "Driven Terminal".

Then, in your model, choose the edges (or areas) and with right-clicks and "Assign Excitation" -> "Terminal" you can define your terminals.

I can't help you with your second question, sorry.

Hi, since many people have been posting questions here I thought I would give it a go:

I have an array of patches and I am trying to obtain current phase information at different sections. I thought the easiest way would be to add lumped ports between the ground plane and the patches at the areas I wanted to measure. I have made sure all of the ports have a scaling factor of 0 (I think that means there is no power being put into those ports). The problem is I think the ports are just removing power because the radiation pattern drops by 3dB.

So I guess I have two questions, is this the best way to obtain the info I need? And if so, what am I doing wrong? Is there a way to stop the lumped ports from affecting the antenna but still get the phase info? Thanks,

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.