Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Transformer Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

acbalbason

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a problem with my HFSS 12 simulation. I cannot define the ports correctly so I am having erroneous results. Anyone can advise me on the proper way? I am simulating this transformer at 100 GHz. I have what it seems like 4 ports but I only need 2. I am not sure how you go about and define the other two ports in reference to ground.

Thank you!

Al

Attachments

• Screenshot-Ansoft HFSS - Transformer2_65nm - HFSSDesign1 - 3D Modeler - [Transformer2_65nm - HFS.png
    Screenshot-Ansoft HFSS - Transformer2_65nm - HFSSDesign1 - 3D Modeler - [Transformer2_65nm - HFS.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 154

Just delete one of the two "red" ports and one of the two "blue" ports and replace it with the conducting metal. Then the simulation should work fine. For slightly more accuracy, redesign the whole terminal area so that it's symmetrical.

Look at the graph of L1=1/2/pi/Freq/Im[Y11] I believe, SRF is where it crosses zero. It should look similar to the graph for a single inductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back