Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS] Sweep a post processing variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuphi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys,

Does anybody know if it is possible to sweep a post processing variable in HFSS, without having to do sweep calculation. I want to calculate the voltage between two points by integrating E-field along a non-model line. Now I want to move this line around and redo the Vline calculation a couple of times, ideally with the calculator results being displayed in a rectangular plot. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hmm, not sure if this is the best way, but I have a suggestion. When you do a parametric sweep, double click on the optimetric sweep and click under the Options tab. Check the Copy geometrically equivalent meshes. This will preserve the same mesh after it finds it the first time and allow you to sweep another variable that moves the line around, which should really speed up the simulation.

Alternatively, you could just draw all the non-model lines before hand, make multiple output variables, and plot them all afterwards. You might have to export your data to plot it the way you want. I can't really think of any time you would need to do a post-processing sweep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back