Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HFSS Slot antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagawa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I'm simulating a 2.4Ghz slot antenna. Everything is well but when I do the Analyse all on HFSS v.13,
this error pops up.
HFSSDesign1 (DrivenTerminal)
[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port p1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error.. (9:11:03 AM Mar 16, 2016)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (9:11:03 AM Mar 16, 2016)

How do I overcome this? Thanks. And how can I upload a file?

Hi kagawa,

The error is telling you that the port needs to be in contact with at least two conductors -- that's how driven terminal works. If you're just trying to excite a slotline mode, a Driven Modal may be better for you.

Good Luck

Reactions: kagawa

kagawa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi PlanarMetamaterials,

My professor insists that the simulation be done in driven terminal and that's where I'm stuck. Please have a look at the attached files and let me know where the issue is.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hope.hfssresults.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 80
  • unfinished.hfssresults.zip
    108 KB · Views: 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back