Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation of two patch antenna ...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkminz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss patch

hi there
i am new to HFSS although with what i know about HFSS i tried to get the result of a structure given in a research paper. its related to simulation of two patch antenna with and without slot in ground plane.
i tried many days but i couldn't produce the same result as given in the paper.
i am posting the paper details and my structure made in hfss 10 .

i need your help guys .......if any any one knows hfss and could see my structure and made comments on my mistake or able to simulate the structure given in the paper that would be a great help to me.
pls give this a try and post ur comment what ever it may be .

patch antenna hfss

Hi! I think the problem is in the coax feed design. When you create a coax you should follow this procedure:

1)create cilinder with diameter of coax and assign material teflon
2)create vacum cilinder with internal conductor diameter: this cilinder must be coaxial with the one creates before (same position)
3)substract cilinder created at step 2) from cilinder created at step 1)
4)now fill the space created between the 2 cilinder with another cilinder same size and position of the one created at step 2)
5)assign PEC material to the last created cilinder (this is the internal coax conductor)
6)Select external surface of the bigger cilinder (type F key in the keyboard and then select the surface) and assign boundary: PERFECT E (this is the external conductor of coax)

Instead of using WAVE port use LUMPED port:
to create it give a look to the attached model.

Hope this could help you!

bye

Francesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back