Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation for Wave ports of microstrip patch antenna (Results problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS simulation for Wave ports of micrsotrip patch antenna( Results problem)

I have to verify the results of a differential microstrip patch antenna of a research journal for my college project. The antenna consists of dual patches which are electromagnetically coupled (Antenna design attached).

The simulated VSWR and gain plot are attached along with the simulated results of the paper. As you can see I am not getting the correct results.

Is it because I am using wrong wave port size ? Or something else is wrong with the design?

I have gone through many threads here and have applied changes but couldn't get the desired results.

I am very new to EM simulation and would be really grateful if someone can point out where am I going wrong.

Thanks

Attachments

• anteanna-design.jpg
    anteanna-design.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Verify.rar
    30.9 KB · Views: 93
  • VSWR and Gain.jpg
    VSWR and Gain.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Simulated-Gain.jpg
    Simulated-Gain.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Simulated-VSWR.jpg
    Simulated-VSWR.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 102

Re: HFSS simulation for Wave ports of micrsotrip patch antenna( Results problem)

I forgot to add that the simulated results in the paper are using IE3D. Can we get very close results using HFSS and IE3D ?
And yes I added an extra ground plane to the top patch which is removed now. Still the results haven't improved much. Any suggestions would be very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back