Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Simulation for Octagonal Inductor Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyromy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am newbie with HFSS and have to work on an octagonal inductor modelling. I already started with some tutorials available online for Spiral
Inductor modelling.

Any of you are aware of any basic tutorial on octagonal inductor design.
Would anyone of you be interested in working with me on Modelling of the octagonal Inductor as a project?

Thanks,

Hemanshu

Last edited:

Check the HFSS Full book. An inductor design tutorial is given there.

yeah thats the only tutorial i could get hold of for spiral inductors. Its not for octagonal though..

Thanks for replying

In order to design any octagonal inductor, I would suggest you to use IE3D. There you can design octagonals pretty easily and export the gds files to hfss. Then u can apply a z directional height to the layout to get a 3d octagonal inductor in hfss environment......Then it is easy to simulate.....

Agree with covst. IE3D is more suitable for on-chip inductor simulation esp. with time-cost concerned.

In order to design any octagonal inductor, I would suggest you to use IE3D. There you can design octagonals pretty easily and export the gds files to hfss. Then u can apply a z directional height to the layout to get a 3d octagonal inductor in hfss environment......Then it is easy to simulate.....

Thanks for the reply...

I will try to download the demo version (if available) for IE3D and try this out. But would be still looking out for any octagonal inductor design in HFSS.
Please do paste any link/material if you come across any relevant stuff.

Thanks again!
Hemanshu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back