Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation - Adaptive frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0hn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adaptive frequency hfss

Hi, is there any tip on how to pick the appropriate adaptive frequency in HFSS Simulation?

From my understanding,

Broadband structure, use highest operating frequency for the adaptive frequency.

Filter/narrow band structure, use the center frequency for the adaptive frequency.

Fast frequency sweep, use the center frequency for the adaptive frequency.

When I pick a different adaptive frequency for the simulation, i got different simulation results and how do I know which is correct?

Thanks

adaptive frequency hfss

See page 57 of attached Ansoft HFSS tutorial. it should clarify your issue.

Sorry, maybe i am not making myself clear.. I don't mean the sweeping frequency.. I mean the adaptive frequency or solution frequency to be set for the simulation.

As I know this "adavptive frequency" is also meshing frequency...so it should be highest frequency in simulation

Is there a place to set adaptive frequency? I only saw Solution Frequency, which I always set as the center frequency of my interest.

i think you should see the following website

www.emtalk.com

and confirm the already examples which they have got

i hope that helps

George

thanks

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.