Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simple object creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwittema

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am kinda new to HFSS, but have worked with FEKO and HFSS for a bit.
I am trying to make some 3D objects that are not of the "pick-and-place" type. I have a few questions about the process for these.

1. How do I use the sweep function properly with a vector? It seems the only way I can get the results I want is to constantly change my axis and then sweep about the axis.

2. Is there a way to do the "opposite" of the intersect command? Intersecting 2 objects leaves the overlapping parts of the two object and deletes everything else. I want to delete the overlap and keep everything else. This may be something dumb, I feel like I could use subtract more celverly for this.

Thanks for your help all!
~Nick

1. HFSS asks you to draw the vector. If you want to input coordinates instead, you have to first input X,Y,Z (which really are irrelevant), and then dX,dY,dZ (which specify the amount/direction of sweeping). These numbers appear at the bottom right of the screen. Does that do the job?

2. Create duplicates of each object (copy/paste). Run Intersect on the duplicates. Subtract the resulting object.

nwittema

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, that does help. The vector sweeping still seems a bit annoying but I do fine with using the axis if I need it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back