Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Shielding Effectiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajeda11

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss simulation of shielding effectiveness

I would like to determine the shielding effectiveness of a box utilizing HFSS. I figure that I need to utilize an incident plane wave. I can view the fields on the box, but what I really need are the fields inside the box or the transmitted field. Can someone help with this setup or document how to determine SE? What solution type do I need and how can I view the fields leaking into the box through holes and slots?

schielding enclosure in hfss

Figured it out. It is easier to do using power density rather than field density.

1st define a box around the outside of your enclosure. Using the select face option, select each face of the outer-box. Select Edit Create Object from Face.

Do the same for a box on the inside of your enclosure.

Then using the calculator, define the Power incident on each face of the inner box. In the calculator tool>Copy Vector_RealPointing to the stack. Select Geometry and select a face defined on the inner box; click Normal, click Integration sign, click Abs. Click add - give the function a name.

Repeat for each face of the inner box.

Copy each new function to the stack, click + 5 times. Click add - give new function a name.

Repeat for the Outer box all steps for outer box.

SE=10*log(Power_Inc/Power_Transmitted)

This can now be plotted in a rectangular plot

outer box shielding from inner box in hfss

I didn't know how to calculate SE either. Thanks for sharing!

Re: schielding enclosure in hfss

H tajeda11i, I just tried as your method but some flaw there is.

First, When I create the object from a face chosen at the box, then go to calculater, I found the object doesnt appear in the options when I select 'geometry'. There are four classes of geometry: point, line, surface, object. In the surface option, only the box appear without the new object.

Second, what solution type and exitation should be used to calculate metalic shielding effectiveness in a plane wave illumination senario?

Thank you for your time to read my questions, looking foward for your opinions.

Ken

tajeda11 said:
Figured it out. It is easier to do using power density rather than field density.

1st define a box around the outside of your enclosure. Using the select face option, select each face of the outer-box. Select Edit Create Object from Face.

Do the same for a box on the inside of your enclosure.

Then using the calculator, define the Power incident on each face of the inner box. In the calculator tool>Copy Vector_RealPointing to the stack. Select Geometry and select a face defined on the inner box; click Normal, click Integration sign, click Abs. Click add - give the function a name.

Repeat for each face of the inner box.

Copy each new function to the stack, click + 5 times. Click add - give new function a name.

Repeat for the Outer box all steps for outer box.

SE=10*log(Power_Inc/Power_Transmitted)

This can now be plotted in a rectangular plot

Re: hfss simulation of shielding effectiveness

I would like to determine the shielding effectiveness of a box utilizing HFSS. I figure that I need to utilize an incident plane wave. I can view the fields on the box, but what I really need are the fields inside the box or the transmitted field. Can someone help with this setup or document how to determine SE? What solution type do I need and how can I view the fields leaking into the box through holes and slots?

Also, I would like to effects of shielding situation with HFSS application. Are there any examples for shielding application with HFSS. I would like to see effectiviness of shielding with HFSS programme.

Dear all.........
Can any one know how to do shielding effectiveness in hfss.
i need to simulate se for a enclosure
please help me to do.

thanking you.

regards gobinath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back