Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS] Resonance Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I essentially have an LC circuit attached to a CPW, and want to find the resonance frequency of the set up. However, the Q factor is over 50,000, so finding it through linear search is proving computationally difficult.

In Sonnet, there is an adaptive search function that just finds the frequency for you, and worked despite the narrow resonance width produced by our quality factors. Is there something similar to this in HFSS?

Thanks

Thanks, I am giving that a shot now.

However, I can't figure out how to deal with the input and output elements of the circuit now. Without waveports, how is this specified? I cant find any relevant tutorials from the ansys sources (they would be greatly appreciated if anybody has any). In general, what needs to be added/omitted as one moves from Driven Modal to Eigenmode?

Thanks

i have the same problem as your 3rd post blarg. i wonder if you've found any help, but if you do, please guide me trough.

Sorry, I never resolved this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back