Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Radiation Boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The HFSS manual states that radiation boundaries should be "convex with respect to the radiation source". Could someone explain to me what exactly this means?

Thanks,
John

Hi
As far as I understood, it means radiation boundary has to cover the source. For example, create airbox and assign rad. boundary to its faces. Source should be inside the box and this radiation boundary is convex according to the source!

Hi haydar,

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for your help. In my case, I have a waveguide slot antenna. I define the radiation so that is adjacent to the slots, but it doesn't enclose the whole waveguide. In this case, the word convex doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I guess, the radiation box does cover the sources (slot surfaces) of the radiated field, but calling that "convex" does not seem like a good use of the term. Anyway, I get proper results, so I guess that's the thing that matters.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back