Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hfss questions from beginning user

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinesmurf69

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am a beginning user of hfss and I have a few questions. I am currently evaluating hfss and want an unbiased answer on a few questions.

how accurate are the resonance frequencies and quality factors calculated with the eigenmode solver?
the eigenmode solver converges rapidly without an airbox and radiation boundary. it does not converge with the airbox. is using the eigenmode solver without airbox and radiation boundary the correct way?
is the calculated quality factor a measure of total power loss including radiation loss in the case of antennas?
can an antenna bandwidth be calculated using this quality factor? of so, how to interpret this bandwidth?

can the eigenmode solver be used in combination with the frequency domain solver for automatic tuning (since eigenmode is very fast) without human interaction (scripting language)?

how to do complex optimisation: eg phase center,... ?

is the scripting language comparable with the scripting language of cst mws?
can cad files (e.g. autocad) be imported automatically?

that's it for now.
thanks in advance.
best regards.

Can you please tell me what type of boundary conditons you are using?

I think you can use eigenmobe only when you do the simulation of which concern with the Brillouin zone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back