Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS - Question about plane wave scattering

Status
Not open for further replies.

isle

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I would like to simulate plane wave scattering by dielectic sylinders.
And would like to verify a phase difference of current distribution versus the thickness of dielectric.

I tried as follows...but it is highly unlikely to be correct(For some reason, evaluated values of current distribution varies everytime I execute the simulation. And It also varies when I change the size of rectangular loop→Considering elecro-magnetic theory, I can't understand this situation.)
I have no idea how to get correct solutions or correct approaches to this problem.
Does anyone know the correct approaches to this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Firstly, I defined plane wave excitation as follows(plane wave is propagating to -x direction, and the center of model is located at(0,0,0))
([HFSS]→[Excitations]→[Assign]→[Incident Wave]→[Plane Wave]
Cartesian, Excitation location (0,0,0), E_vector(0,0,1), k_vector(-1,0,0),Regular Propagating)

Secondly, I opened Fields Calculator and calculated the values of current distribution.
(
1. Loaded H using the Quantity command.

2. Took the real part of H using the Real command.

3. Loaded the rectangular loop using the Geometry command.

4. Clicked Tangent to get the component of H along the line.

5. Took the integral around the loop using the integral command.

6. Clicked Eval to evaluate the integral. Then, the real part of I appeared.

7. Repeated this process using the imaginary part of H.
)

I've tried awhile ago to simulate the scattering effect using HFSS and never got a result that is slightly expected. I'm still looking for another EM simulator that is better suited for this kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back