Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Port Termination Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

savedadogs

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wish to simualte a structure which has about 20 ports. Therefore, I am using lumped ports for the simulation. However, I only wish to excite only 10 ports, the other 10 ports are not used...but I need them to be terminated to 50 Ohms. How can I do this? Right now, the other 10 ports do not have an excitation, instead it is touching the radiation boundary, will this work?

Thank you!

it is a very good question.
i think you could define calibration lines of these 10 ports (ports with no excitation) perpendicular to calibration lines of other ports (ports with excitation) and then you define the same impedance lines for all ports with different values. but i'm really not sure if this method is correct or not. i hope you get good results if you try it.
good luck.

savedadogs said:
Hi,

I wish to simualte a structure which has about 20 ports. Therefore, I am using lumped ports for the simulation. However, I only wish to excite only 10 ports, the other 10 ports are not used...but I need them to be terminated to 50 Ohms. How can I do this? Right now, the other 10 ports do not have an excitation, instead it is touching the radiation boundary, will this work?

Thank you!

Assign them to Lumped Elements 50Ohmz.

Regards,

or you can just simulate the 20 port system, you can then derive the result for the 10 port system with the other 10 ports are matched/loaded with 50ohm/or any other load.

loucy said:
or you can just simulate the 20 port system, you can then derive the result for the 10 port system with the other 10 ports are matched/loaded with 50ohm/or any other load.

I agree. You can still simulate with 20 ports defined, after you got 20 ports S parameter, you can then use matrix computation technology to terminate the 10 ports that you don't want.

S parameter is linear relationship, find out the termination condition, you will derive the new S parameter from the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back