Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 1 is assigned to an internal face ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating an Ungrounded Coplanar Wveguide with a wave port excitation in HFSS as shown below.

1.png

I am getting following error;
"Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 1 is assigned to an internal face. Only allowed with lumped ports.. "

Any Solutions?
Regards

Hi kela3kela,

The location of your surface for the wave port must not be aligned exactly - the wave port must be right on the outer boundary. Everything else looks OK.

Thankyou for the reply. But to my understanding, it is on the outer boundary..

Ill try to keep the wave port boundaries in touch with the radiation box from the bottom (X-axis). Lets c what happens.

I have the same problem. some one help plz.

I have the same problem. some one help plz.
The original question has been already answered. I don't see which different answer could be given to your post unless you manage to describe your problem in detail and tell why the given solution doesn't help.

This is my design, my dimensions are correct , but I do not understand exactly ,why I receive the error.
also I do not understand the direction of wave port line . I did not set the wave port line direction.

Attachments

• cpwfedmonopole.rar
    22.7 KB · Views: 113

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back