Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS patch antenna partial ground boundary conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddfromuk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to define boundary conditions for the patch antenna with partial ground in hfss?
Should finite conductivity boundary be assigned to bottom ground face and radiation boundary to top airbox?

I am not sure what you are asking. What kind of antenna are you trying to simulate?

If we imagine that the antenna is like the one from the emtalk example, but with partial ground,
what boundary conditions should be defined?

Since you are only going to be using a partial ground, i am assuming that the ground does extend all the way underneath which ever substrate that you have chosen to use. What you need to do is extend the the air box, since i am not sure about your design and how the antenna is going to radiate I suggest making the air box lambda/4 in every direction, while making every face of the air box a radiation boundary. If you have trouble getting it to run you can upload the HFSS file and I can take a look at it.
Cesar

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back