Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS newbie, mesh problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeslaMan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I'm just starting to work with HFSS (version 10.0); Since I'm a newbie of this software I've read the "getting started" documentation before posting.
My problem is that if I simply open an example project, like the "cavity" one, and try to analyze it, I get this error message:

Initial mesh, process mesh32 : Error while opening or writing the mesh files.
Simulation completed with excution error on server: Local Machine.

Validation Check give me an all ok result (obviously, this is an ansoft provided example), so why it doesn't work? :-(

thank you in advance

Hello

“Validation Check” checks if all the parameters needed to start a simulation are set by the user or not. It doesn’t check if the solution converges with these parameters. I use HFSS v9.2. I read that HFSS v10 has some inbuilt tools that automatically correct the errors causing the simulation to terminate.

If you get this error for all the examples then there is some problem with your software installation.

Kind Regards,
YANR

Hi yanr_1612

thank you for your reply
I think the problem was in the program itself (in its installation of course). Here in the lab I discovered that there was also version 9.2 of the C.A.D.: I've redone the project there and now it works well. :D

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back