Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS MULTI MODE WAVEGUIDE PORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato01

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am trying to define a port for a quad-ridge waveguide. the eigenmode solution indicates that for the band of operation I am running, there are 8 modes that are excited at various frequencies inside the sweep.
Not sure how to define the the port so I won't have convergent problems on one side and avoid the warnings of higher modes supported on the other hand.
not sure which option is best in the waveguide port definition and what are the integration paths possible.

Thank you

Hello kato, when modeling a waveguide port I like to start off by adding 5 modes to port and then just performing a quick 'solve ports only' simulation. You can plot the im(Gamma) over frequency and see when certain modes come alive in your band. If all of them start propagating at some point in your operating band then add more modes until you have at least one mode that remains evanescent. Once you have enough modes assigned to your port you can simulate your structure.

The integration paths are not always necessary for your simulation. I used them when I need to keep the polarization consistent between ports or if I'm working in circular polarization.

Azulykit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.