Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Metameterial Antenna Problem. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furao810

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL,

I am new to the HFSS. I am trying to do a metameterial antenna using HFSS. And now I want to do the metamaterial characterization to simulate the substrate with meta-structure (Try to get negative permitivity & permeability, I have matlab code to use S11&S21 to do the calculation).

My question is how to get the S11 & S21 from substrate? Do I need to add in ports? Is it possible to get the result from HFSS? or other software?
Please kindly advise...

Really appreciate your help!!

Thanks a lot!

Hi furoa810
You wish to refer the tutorial provided by Ansoft available at **broken link removed** ( in the name Left-Handed Metamaterial Design Guide).
It gives nice idea how to draw SRR(split ring resonator) other design methods of metamaterial.
After analyzing the model, options are there to export the s11 file to desired format. Later you may use matlab code with the exported file from HFSS.

Hope this helps...

Hi furoa810
You wish to refer the tutorial provided by Ansoft available at **broken link removed** ( in the name Left-Handed Metamaterial Design Guide).
It gives nice idea how to draw SRR(split ring resonator) other design methods of metamaterial.
After analyzing the model, options are there to export the s11 file to desired format. Later you may use matlab code with the exported file from HFSS.

Hope this helps...

Hi vinoth8051,

Really thanks for the reply. I will try it out.

Hi furoa810

Hope this helps...

Sir,can u have pdf of it,then send me at:email:hitesh.mathukiya@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back