Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: mesh leak problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

quampa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I'm a new user of HFSS and I'm trying to simulate an antenna. I have small structures in the design and that's why I have mesh leak problems. I've tried with some solutions provided in the forums but I still have not solved it. That's the reason why I'm asking for your help. Attached to this post you will find the part of the antenna. I will really apreciate any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Antenna.rar
    33.7 KB · Views: 69

You really need to update to HFSS14.... HFSS12 was first version with TAU mesher. To get this to mesh, go to HFSS -> Mesh Operations -> Initial Mesh Settings select second tab and change radio button from Auto to Ansoft Classic mesh.... it should mesh fine. Tau mesh should not be used with objects that are very thin relative to other objects in the model. Also, you need to assign a material to the structure.

Have Fun

Thank you for your help, but still doesn't mesh :-(

im simulating mesh (spring diameter 0.28mm) using ansoft hfss 14., i tried all method in HFSS->mesh operations but the result still same, (Mesh leak is found [4] of bodies).
anyone can help me to solve this? :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

You really need to update to HFSS14.... HFSS12 was first version with TAU mesher. To get this to mesh, go to HFSS -> Mesh Operations -> Initial Mesh Settings select second tab and change radio button from Auto to Ansoft Classic mesh.... it should mesh fine. Tau mesh should not be used with objects that are very thin relative to other objects in the model. Also, you need to assign a material to the structure.

Have Fun

im simulating mesh (spring diameter 0.28mm) using ansoft hfss 14., i tried all method in HFSS->mesh operations but the result still same, (Mesh leak is found [4] of bodies).
anyone can help me to solve this? :cry:

Have you tried to use the mesh operations in order to tell HFSS that it should use a finer mesh in this region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back