Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS mesh generation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

winglj

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss mesh generation

Hi. I have a problem when I run HFSS to simulate an antenna. The geometry is imported by STEP file. But when I run the simulation, there are some contact and proximity error found.
The errors discription are:
Proximity:
Vertex-Face
Vertex ambiguously close to existing triangle

Small triangle
This triangle is very much smaller thanthe largest triangle on this face

Small edge
This surface triangle edge is much smaller than the largest edge on the face

Are they related to the mesh generation? How can I fix it? Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated.

mesh generation hfss

try using hfss scrips to do the simulations. it will work out......i had the same problem and the scripts helped a lot

mesh generation problem

Might be due to improper contacts between parts of your geometry.
Check all the coordinates and make sure the geometry is connected and doesnt overlap. As overlaps may lead to huge meshing around that place.

Excuse me,I have the same problem and I'm becomig crazy.
What are hfss scripts?

If you are using version 10, try the heal option in 3DModeler->Model Analysis->Heal.

Hope this helps.

Hi winglj,

Can u upload yr geometry?
Maybe we can fix it and post back to u.

:D

I got the same problem too. If there is any better way to deal with the problem of imported structure, please share with us.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back