Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS : how to select excitation in far field for 2 port ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

nschutten

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to select two ports at a time in hfss

I am currently designing a two port (diversity) metal stamped antenna, using HFSS.
Simulating S-parameters is straight forward, and I can view a far field result, but I am not sure what excitation port (Waveport1 or Waveport2) this far field originates from.

Does anyone know how I can generate far field reports of my dual port antenna, first one with Waveport1 as excitation, then one with Waveport2 as excitation, so that I can also observe the difference in radiation pattern and hence the diversity gain?

Thanks in advance!

hfss far field

I have the same problem. Did you solve the problem?

hfss simulation two port excitation

No, unfortunately not.

In the mean time I have been using GEMS (from www.2comu.com) that is based on FDTD and does support explicit excitation definition. BTW, also Sonnet (MoM) support explicit excitation definition.

port excitation hfss

HFSS also supports explicit excitation. Just go to HFSS>Fields>Edit sources and change "scaling factor" and "offset phase" as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back