Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS - How to generate a set of data based on different values of a parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboraHarry

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've set up a model where the length 'L' of a dipole is a parameter. I want to step the value of L from 100 to 300 mm in steps of 10 mm, then plot a graph of frequency vs length, where the frequency is the point at which the return loss is best. Can anyone suggest how to do this in HFSS?

For the moment, I'm not concerned with automatically varying the size of the airbox, or the frequency sweep, though obviously if the length is swept over a range of 3:1, then the size of the airbox and centre frequency could be usefully changed.

Deborah

Hello Deborah

Have you tried assigning L as a project variable and everything else as variable as well. this way you will be able to run optometrics and then check your graph of frequency vs length and any other graph.

Let me know if you need any further help

Regards
Elchiquito

Thank you Elchiquito and flanello,

The lenght 'L' of the dipole is a project variable, and almost everything else that I have the possibility of wanting to change, is likewise paramterized.

I'll have to look in the manual more at parameter sweep and the Optimetrics - now at least I know what I am looking for.

Deborah

Another thing to look into would be range functions in the reporter. With this you can plot, say, XAtYmin(dB(S(1,1))) and sweep the variable L and the plot will be the matched frequency vs L.

Have Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back