Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS HELP NEEDED! how to make the edges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asad188

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS HELP NEEDED!

can anyone tell me how to make the edges and the v-shaped part of the figure attached in hfss, ive highlighted the part..plzz help guys

Re: HFSS HELP NEEDED!

Hi

The easiest way is to draw the whole structure with "planes" and then draw the triangles with polyline. Then subtract the triangles.

Hope it helps.

If you could provide detailed dimensions, substrate parameters and problem specification I can create the geometry model and simulate it with EMC Studio.

thanks a lot guys, ill try drawing it with the planes method.

problem in hand is to create a phased array antenna of 4-elements, and in this step im looking for the optimal array design, i came across this one in a book.

resonance frequncy is 2.4 ghz,
regular 50 ohms transmission line,
substrate height = 1.6mm
relative permitivity = 4.28
loss tangent of tan δ =0.016

im attaching the figure for detailed dimensions.

standard FR4 PCB material is used as a substrate!

See attached some results from simple EMC Studio model. There groundplane and dielectric assumed to be infinite. What observation parameter you are going to compare? I have shown there S11 only.

Also atatched is geometry SAT file as well, you can probably load it in other tool if needed.

asad188

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks a lot man..
yea im also comparing the s11, and also the radiation pattern for the gain efficency changes..

what tool you are using? can u give me any link to download that software, hfss is really giving me the hard time :(

I am using EMCoS EMC Studio tool - https://emcos.com/index.php?id=68. If you like to use it you need to request download link by e-mail. They have also free student version, which should be enough for such application. But you can request full version for limited time as well.

they are taking tooo long to reply :(

one thing more i want to ask, what is the best way to convert the linear array into a phased array for software simulation?

hey can u send me the executable file for the divider plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.