Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hfss help in simulating parabolic reflector antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgcatz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I want simulate a parabolic reflector antenna in hfss . It seems that hfss is good at simulating electric small dimension antenna .Does it can simulate electric large dimension antenna?
I have another question:How can I draw a parabolic reflector in hfss?
In CST Microwave studio it is very easy to draw parabolic reflector with Macros. But in hfss , I can'it find a fuction that can draw a parabolic line or refletor. Who can tell me ?
Thanks a lot ! xxgcatz

If you have already drawn it in MWS why not just import *.SAT (v8.0) into HFSS? With my experience of HFSS I think you will struggle to get convergence if it is electrically large - best of luck though.

Matt

Hi,

You can create a DLL in C++ that will make a parabole. Contact your local tech support for more info.

Itai

I think You can't simulate the large reflector antenna in EDA's like HFSS or MWS. FDTD and MoM needs too many memory and time to simulate so large structures. I work on large reflector antennas several years and I don't know any good EDA tool for this problem. As I remember, FEKO can simulate such antennas in GTD approximation, but this method inaccurate and has many limitations. Most of reflector antenna designers creates the personal code for such design.

Regards,
Kit

I think You can't simulate the large reflector antenna in EDA's like HFSS or MWS. FDTD and MoM needs too many memory and time to simulate so large structures. I work on large reflector antennas several years and I don't know any good EDA tool for this problem. As I remember, FEKO can simulate such antennas in GTD approximation, but this method inaccurate and has many limitations. Most of reflector antenna designers creates the personal code for such design.

Regards,
Kit

Hi sir
I wanna design large reflector antennas but I don't know how begin.can you help me?.Please
Regards
amin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back