Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS for through silicon via parasitics extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharathsatheesh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to model the equivalent RLC values of a through silicon via in HFSS. I am from material science background, hence I have limited knowledge in setting up simulations in HFSS.
My aim is to model the RLC values in the equivalent circuit, with respect to the physical dimensions (oxide thickness, diameter of via, depth of via etc.) How must I set up the simulation in order to extract these values? My doubts are on how to assign ports, boundaries and excitations in HFSS, so that the simulation is valid.
If anyone has experience setting up such a simulation, please help me answer these doubts.
Thanks and Regards,
Sharath P Satheesh

I am sure you will be able to get more help if you first try to make it work and ask more specific questions when you get stuck.

Hi,
I have solved the issues I was facing before. You were right. I just had to read the HFSS manual. :)
-Sharath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back