Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Fast sweep error

Status
Not open for further replies.

abates

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
failure in lanczos: out of precision

I have not seen this one before. Anyone have a clue? My best guess is a memory overrun, but usually I see that with larger models. I can switch to interpolating sweep and it seems to run fine. Just wondering.

HFSSDesign1 (DrivenModal)
[error] Fast sweep setup, process hf3d error: Failure in Lanczos: out of precision.. (6:53 AM Nov 03, 2008)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine.

hfss failure in lanczos

Please upload some model which show this error

hfss fast sweep

I think it was an aspect ratio problem. I changed the 1/2 oz copper trace thickness and a coupling slot and the problem went away. I unfortunatly do not have the original model.

fast sweep setup, process hf3d

Hello i also faced a similar error but later on i found out that i have not correctly defined AirBox i.e actually i didn't assigned Radiation to airbox.So after assigning radiation this error was removed

Status
Not open for further replies.