Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara~

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to simulating with HFSS and I am using the Ansys Electronics Desktop 2019 R1 version.
I have as a final project to simulate (and fabricate) horn antenna. As far as I have seen I am following the correct steps for the simulation, but I keep getting the following error.
[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error.

I have read in a couple of forums that it is a problem with the port reference assignment, but the explanations are not clear enough on how to solve it.
I will attach the project.

Attachments

• Horn antenna.rar
    36.4 KB · Views: 83

Welcome, Lara~,

This is a common problem that used to appear in HFSS for all sorts of reasons, I used to just ignore it. It does seem though that you are using a driven terminal simulation. You probably want a driven modal simulation for a basic waveguide excitation.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to HFSS anymore, can you provide an explanation of your setup and/or post some pictures?

- make sure that the number of conductors matches the number of terminals plus one (for the reference conductor).
- you may want to reach out to Ansys support or consult the Ansys Electronics Desktop documentation for more guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back