Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error: Non -Manifold vertices found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sika

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design Minkowski island based fractal patch antenna in HFSS ver 10. When I substract the Patch from the fractal the error " Non-manifold vertices found for part Patch " is displayed while validating. How can we resolve this issue. any help will be appreciated. The picture of the antenna is attached.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/9058016700_1351756992.jpg

Non-manifold objects are objects with mixed dimensionality: for example a pair of 2D objects connected by a 1D line. Use the Model Analysis tool in HFSS to identify these erroneous objects (or simply by examining your structure). Try another way to create your antenna in order to avoid mixed dimensionality.

hi.
this error occurred when the sharp edge is exist.in fact,HFSS can not be able to solve sharp edge.
if this is possible,you curved these edges.
Good Luck

Hi,

I am trying to design Minkowski island based fractal patch antenna in HFSS ver 10. When I substract the Patch from the fractal the error " Non-manifold vertices found for part Patch " is displayed while validating. How can we resolve this issue. any help will be appreciated. The picture of the antenna is attached.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/9058016700_1351756992.jpg

hi ,
i am trying to simulate sierpinski gasket - triangle, in hfss11 , i am getting exactly the same error of non manifold vertices found for part "Sierpinkski" i.e patch,. while validation.. I hope u ws successful in resolving this issue till now,. if you got any idea how to correct this error, pls reply, tht wud b a gr8 help..
thanks in advance.

I think the problem is that the square in the center and the rest of the structure have only 4 edges (i.e. 4 lines) in common which are 1D objects. If you modify the structure slightly so that the middle rectangle overlaps with the rest of the structure you will be okay. Just an infinitesimal small overlap will not affect the results and will help you get rid of the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.