Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [HFSS] Differential Pair using Lumped Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

FizTop

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there!
In a nutshell i have successfully simulated and analyzed diff pair impedance using wave port excitations in driven terminal mode. But i faced a problem while tried to calculate same diff pair impedance using lumped ports excitations in driven terminal mode.
HFSS help says that it is possible to define diff pair using multiple lumped ports, and that is true - HFSS doesn't show any error or warning messages during analysis, but as a result i always get 100 Ohm diff impedance at any frequency. Important notes here that impedance normalization is off and terminals "matched" checkboxes are checked. Moreover no one of "normalization" settings are set to 100 Ohm! I have tried different settings combination - all don't work for me. Could anybody help me with that issue?
My project is in attachment, feel free to use it in your projects, if, ofcourse, you will make it work ;-)
HFSS EDT 2017.2.0
--- Updated ---

And this is how the result looks like. Strange, isn't it?

Attachments

• DiffPair.rar
    49.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Terminal Port Zo Plot 1.jpg
    Terminal Port Zo Plot 1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor