Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS,CST,microstripes,xfdtd which simulator is faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoeng

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xfdtd

hi all
i try using HFSS,CST,microstripes,xfdtd
which one is faster
could anyone give us his opinion
for me i think CST and microstripes are very suitable for large array that havig the subgridding mesh system

Re: faster simulator?

but I found XFDTD terribly bad with geometry definition and it makes it really useless for complicated structures.
Do anybody know a method of importing geometry from a different tool?

Lindzg1984 said:
I believe you will find the XFDtd is quite faster than both HFSS and CST. XFDtd and CST are both going to be quite a bit faster than HFSS. I just came across this article on XFdtd speeds.

https://www.remcom.com/press-releas...sive-speed-increase-with-updated-gpu-acc.html
i agree with u but for ur knowing that cst support GPU hardware ,see their site
i disagree that xfdtd more faster than cst

Added after 1 minutes:

AN56 said:
but I found XFDTD terribly bad with geometry definition and it makes it really useless for complicated structures.
Do anybody know a method of importing geometry from a different tool?
i with u
cst is more more easy than xfdtd that i already try both
regards
also cst microstripes is more friendly than xfdtd

abdoeng said:
i with u
cst is more more easy than xfdtd that i already try both
regards
also cst microstripes is more friendly than xfdtd

Yes, I agree with you. CST Microstripes is more user friendly than xfdtd. Using CST Microstripes we can build a complicated model easily, but fortunately the manual is lack I think. Do you have the tutorial or training regarding CST Microstripes?

I've only used CST MWS and HFSS, but speed totally depends on the problem. If you use time domain in CST, anything broadband will be significantly faster than HFSS, but if you're interested in a very narrowband system HFSS will be faster than the CST time domain.

I've also found the meshing to be easier in HFSS than CST, but it all depends on the structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back