Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS calculated gain of circular polarized antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster528

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
The unit of gain for circular polarized antenna is dBic. However, there is no such function (dBic) in HFSS. Which function should I choose to derive correct unit for gain of circular polarized antennas? dB or dBc or something else? THX.

DBic = Db of gain relative to an isotropic circularly polarized source (right or left) In HFSS the RHCPGain is the equivalent function you are looking for for right hand CP and LHCP for left hand. All gain in HFSS is relative to an isotropic radiator.

Have Fun

DBic = Db of gain relative to an isotropic circularly polarized source (right or left) In HFSS the RHCPGain is the equivalent function you are looking for for right hand CP and LHCP for left hand. All gain in HFSS is relative to an isotropic radiator.

Have Fun

Your comment got me thinking. What would the polarisation of a point source (isotropic radiator) be? I know one can't physically make one, but I assume it would have some theoretical polarisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back