Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: Calculate the absorption in each layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

a8811323

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to obtain the Transmittance and Reflection of entire structure and absorption in terms of percentage in each material layer.
The information currently I have is the reflection and transmission coefficient obtained from S11 and S21.
Is there any good function in calculator to do so? Initially, I tried to use Volume_loss_density for each layer, however I found that the total power loss added by each layer material does not agree with the value obtained by calculating the Volume_loss_density of entire structure.
Regards
Chenjin

Initially, I tried to use Volume_loss_density for each layer, however I found that the total power loss added by each layer material does not agree with the value obtained by calculating the Volume_loss_density of entire structure.

In what manner does it not agree? Is it higher, lower? Is the difference small compared to the total power loss? In my experience the volume loss density (for volumes) + surface loss density (sheets) + radiated power agrees fairly well with the input power calculated from antenna properties (~1%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back