Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS antenna simulation setup in THz

Status
Not open for further replies.

basicdes

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to design antenna on HFSS, and I interested in 1-150 THz frequency range. While I setup driven modal simulation, on some frequencies, the efficiency of antenna has larger values than 1 (incident power is lower than radiated power).

I tried to increase the radiation boundary, but it did not work (I increased it up to 150 µm - there is no change and at 150 µm, the error appeared: Unable to locate or start COM engine on '...': no response from COM engine) there is still η>1. And there is no correlation between the frequencies which have efficiency more than 1 and the box size.

Has the problem caused by the excitation? Is it possible to radiate EM directly on to antenna? How can I solve those problems?

I am eagerly waiting for your solutions,

Thanks in advance.

Welcome basicdes,

The problem could be your excitation - can you proved some details? Is it a waveport? Did you normalize to a port impedance? What kind of antenna is it?

Probably, the problem has nothing to do with the airbox size. I usually get efficiency above 1 if bad (that is coarse) mesh is around a "hot" spot. Try to create a finer (denser) mesh

My excitation is given by lumped port which is meshed to 50 ohms. The antenna is 3-D micro-sized bow-tie antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back