Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS and DC parameters (thin film resistor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4bb4ge

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS DC

If I want to design a resistor using a thin film resistor is it possible to see the DC value of this resistor?

I.E. see the power division using two of these resistors or the current through the resistor at DC?

Thanks,
B

HFSS DC

im not sure if any kind of dc analysis is possible in hfss. but would it not be sufficient to use a low frequency simulation and use the real part of the s-parameters?

HFSS DC

guys can any one help me how to add a thin film resistor in transmission line and how to specify its value or its resistance
thank you

Re: HFSS DC

As far as DC analysis in HFSS is concerned, it is not possible, as it is using finite element method. You can do it in Designer, which is Method Of Moments simulator.

I do not know about thin film resistors, but normal resistance is simple, just add a rectangle and go to "Assign boundary- resistance" and set the value.

Note that this does not work for HFSS 8.0.

Hope this help.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back