Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS 11 and 12 performance on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerhk86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am getting a new 64 bit machine to use with HFSS versions 11 and 12 and am trying to decide which OS to install: XP or 7. Is anyone successfully running HFSS on Windows 7? Or would it be recommended just to stick with XP?

Thanks in advance.

Re: HFSS and Windows 7

I've installed HFSS 11 in win 7 x64 successfully. The important thing is change the compatibility of the installer. HFSS 12 can be installed in win 7 x86 without problem.

I've installed HFSS 11 in win 7 x64 successfully. The important thing is change the compatibility of the installer. HFSS 12 can be installed in win 7 x86 without problem.

How do you change the compatibility of the installer in HFSS 11 or 12 ?

Reactions: covcst

covcst

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

How do you change the compatibility of the installer in HFSS 11 or 12 ?

Right click on the setup file, select "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab, check the box "Run this program in compabitility mode for:", and then select the OS for which you want to run compatibility mode, usually XP service pack 3.

Reactions: covcst

covcst

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am getting a new 64 bit machine to use with HFSS versions 11 and 12 and am trying to decide which OS to install: XP or 7. Is anyone successfully running HFSS on Windows 7? Or would it be recommended just to stick with XP?

Thanks in advance.

i am using HFSS 12 on win 7 64 bit edition on my laptop, everything is fine except, RAM requirement 8 GB for win 7 64 bit OS, so its better to stick with win xp 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back