Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hex file PIC16F84A from chip to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I'm new here. My grandfather works in electronics and he is in urgent need of a Hex file for PIC16F84A. He wants the file to save it to his computer and then put it on a chip. We know how to do this thanks to Youtube videos, but the problem is that I just can't find this specific HEX file on the internet. Could someone send me please?

Hi,

A microcontroller like PIC16xxx is a programmable device.
Without program it does nothing.
The program tells the microcontroller what to do, how to behave, how to control all the IOs and the internal periferals, to do calculations...
So the program needs to be written for the according application, the specific microcontroller and the connected hardware.
Often such programs are written in "C" language, from this a compiler generates the .hex file.

Every application needs it's unique .hex file.
Thus there may be millions of .hex file for this microcontroller in the internet...but also most probably not a single one will fit to your application.

Btw:
A forum is meant that people help others to find and rectify some mistakes..
But it is not meant that others do your job.
So don't expect that anybody here will write the code for you.
If you can't write the code on your own, then - I guess - you have to pay someone to do this for you.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back