Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hepl...integration probelm ....math...please ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyw1984

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3333-1.jpg

a, b,h is constant
how to solve it?
thx??

I dont see any difficulty here. or is there?

first integrate for the dr integral, where z is constant. add and subtract z² and split the integral and u can solve for the dr. then r is constant and solve for z. did u try it this way?

cedance.

The inner integral evaluates to

\[\int \frac{r^2}{\sqrt[3]{r^2+z^2}} \, dr \,\,\,= \,\, \rm{arcsinh}(\frac{r}{z}) \,\, - \,\, \frac{r}{\sqrt{r^2+z^2}}\]

I am running into trouble with the outer integral once I apply the upper and
lower limits to the result above.

Best regards,
v_c

Hi,

Ok, finally, I solved the problem and posting the solution here. It took me 5 minutes to complete it and 1 hour to type it in LATEX! :D you owe me one! :D:D

i have checked the solution with a couple of sample inputs, and turned out to be right. however, in case you find it wrong, i advise you to go thro the solution and check for the mistakes for i hope the method to be right, only some calculation errors shud be there, IF any.

cedance.

PS: v_c, the solution to your integral is right, but you have typed the LHS wrong i guess, its to the power 3/2 not 1/3. u have written the cube root expression??

cedance,

that's a good catch! Yes it was supposed to be to the power of 3/2.
I was using the TeX equations and got a little careless.

Best regards,
v_c

Status
Not open for further replies.