Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Helping to Design My Microcontroller Project !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmeshpitroda

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I want to make Weight measurement circuit..

I have very good knowledge of Different famalies of Microcontroller and also am in this field write from 2 year.

I want to make my system with lowest cost and batter performance for that i have to be smart chooser for component of my project.

I want to ask some questions to the people who have worked in this field:

1) I think 8051 is the batter choice but many companies have this series so please can you guide me which 8051 will be my smart choice? or I have to think abt some other families like PIC or any other else...

2) I think i have to use Load Cell and many types of load cell available in market so also friend can you guide me regards this selection ? or I have to think other other than load cell ?

3) If you alredy make any project which is directly or indirectly similar to this than please provide me document or code.. i will be very thank full to you ...

Please if you have any information regards any of 3 points menson above than please guide me.. I am confused...

Thanking you and Regards,
Dharmesh

you can use 89s51 , from atmel company ,
about load cell , i don't know much about the model and ..., but it is not such a difficult choice , just choose which has linear output and enough sensitivity ...
you also can use AVR or PIC series which has analog to digital convertor , ADC on chip ....

can u give more infos??

Hi..segmex..

See.. I have One Electronics Weight Measurement Instrument Which i buy from another some vendor in the market which Mesure Weight By using its loadcell and driven By 89C51 ..

Now I have done R&D and find out some faults or Batter Solutions like instead of 7 segment display i am going to use 2 line LCD and menu driven display in it .. etc. and i want to make NEW Instrument that i will manufacture in future, has low prize and batter performance..

If some one find that XYZ 8051 series IC is good and low prize or any information or Causion!! before i start project... Then plz infrom me abt it...

I made weight with AduC845 (2x16LCD, 4-20mA, RS232/RS485, 4xkeypress, 4opto IN, 4relay OUT and real clock with PCF).
You connect 2 load cells (6-wire). AduC845 has to 24bit A/C and DAC, min real value voltage is 1-5uV.

Hi markosik20 thanx,

If is it possible than i want two thing from you,

1) What would be estimated cost of ur project

2) How many loadcell u conected and from which company

3) Can u plz formward me code module which communicate with loadcell so my designig starting point get easy

Thanking you,

dharmeshpitroda said:
Hi markosik20 thanx,

If is it possible than i want two thing from you,

1) What would be estimated cost of ur project

2) How many loadcell u conected and from which company

3) Can u plz formward me code module which communicate with loadcell so my designig starting point get easy

Thanking you,

1.) Project may cost different for every country, you know, availability of parts, shipping and taxes.

2.) Load cell depends on your requirements and load cell specifications, I am not experienced with load cells but I think they have diferent specs also.

3.) I think the code module you need is the basic adc codes that almost every member here can answer.

I am also interested on building single axis weight measuring system.
is any one know where can i find prices of load cells?
(i have visited many companies but not able to find the prices of them :cry:)
any gauss of prices!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Hi, dilan..

First find out part name of your load cell and then try to search that part name on www.DIGIKEY.com.

you will get prize from here...

Hi.

In Europe price of load cell she be dependent on max. And example.
- type 3410 Vishay Max=500kg - 80EUR
- type 3410 Vishay Max=2000kg - 130EUR.

I alone I made load cell (material - stainless steel + 4x strain gages + glue + resistor)

Strain gages make HBM
**broken link removed** but price is very large.

In my contry strain gages price's is 5 EUR/st.

Status
Not open for further replies.