Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Helpcould i use different voltage for diode as a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic1702

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
could i use different voltage for diode as a replacement:cry::?::cry:

What different voltage for diode? You mean that you currently using 5V for a diode and now want to use 3V? is that it? Yes you can!
Or you're using a zener diode with some voltage criteria and planning to replace them with other voltage criteria? No, you cant!

Re: Helpcould i use different voltage for diode as a replace

Hi,
If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if you could replace a diode with another diode having a different Reverse Break Down voltage rating, and in that case, the answer is you can, so long as the new diode has higher Reverse voltage specification and either equal or better other specifications like forward current, switching speed etc. For example, you can replace a 1N4001 diode with any higher number from the family like 1N 4002 to 1N4007.
I hope it helps you.

Regards,
Laktronics

o thank you very much 'laktronics', navigting for 1 our but at least found the answer. I have 1N 4007 diodes and want to use somewere(car starter disabler) where 1N 4002 is needed. Hope it works, gonna try now. Here in albania are no diodes for sale thats why im hapy now

Re: Helpcould i use different voltage for diode as a replace

Hi,
Sure, it will work.
Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back