Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Verilog simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunvats69

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulation for inout in verilog

Hi,

I designed a 2 to 1 Mux using a bufif1 and a bufif0 (file attached).
The simulation results (wave.jpg) show that the output OUT goes into unknown state x at two instances, one at the beginning and another when S (ctrl input) transitions to 1 from 0. Can anyone explain this behavior? I used typical delay values while simulating. It seems to me it is because of the signal inputs (in0 and in1) and the control input S changing simultaneously, because the second x didn't occur when I changed the signal inputs in0 and in1 8 time units after the ctrl input S. However, I haven't been able to convince myself of this.
**broken link removed**

verilog simulation

What do all the values mean in the bufif* parameters? This is more parameters than I am use to.

#(1:2:3, 3:4:5, 5:6:7)

Anyways,at least some of these are the rise, fall, and to-Z delays of the buffers. Since they all differ, there is some overlap and they could both be hi-z or transmitting at the same time.

Try this... give each buf a separate output (out0 and out1) and re-sim. You should then be able to see the overlay b/w 44-46ns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back