Status
Not open for further replies.

foresttree1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was required to interface a max6675 temp. sensor with a spartan 3e fpga board using vhdl. The temp was supposed to be displayed on a extension board with a 7 bit display. i have managed to get everything working but i have one small problem that i can't seem to solve. curently in order to read the temp, i have to to select the reset button to do it. when i release the reset button, it reads the current temp and shows it on the display but i need it to run in real time. I have tried for hour but still can seem to figure out what is the problem so i was hoping some of the pros here can help me figure out what is wrong. thanks. i have attached a word doc containing the codes that i used.

Attachments

• Temp Sensor.doc
    36 KB · Views: 59

can you upload the FSM used for max6675. it will be helpful to locate the problem

what fsm. i am still new to this so i am not sure. but basically the codes above where all the codes i used except for the scan4digit and d4to7 which i though was not important as they are mainly for the 7 bit display.

Status
Not open for further replies.