Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Speakers amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuato

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, first of all i apologize for mi english, i hope you forgive my mistakes.

Well, since a few months i've been fooling around to get my desired tone for mi guitar equipment. I've got a POD XT fx Modeler for guitar and a 100 wat head and cabinet marshall amp. it's impossible for me to get the pure tone of the POD with a standard guitar amplification due to the frequency range and another details. But when i connect my POD to my pc speakers that sound awesome, and my goal is build a amplification system like the pc speakers.

The speakers sytem i'm using are the Logitech Z523, with 40 wat and 48 Hz - 20 kHz frequency response. I just want to create the same system than these speakers but with 100 or 150 watt.

Can anyone here tell me what i need to build that system?? i'm going to use the marshall cabinet with two beyma 12ga50 FRFR loudspeakers, i just an amplification system for them with a standard jack input and that's all.

Thanks in advance.

I do not know what kind of "tone" you like from the Logitech speakers. They are very cheap and produce low power so maybe you have the volume control turned up too high so they are distorting like crazy and maybe you like that kind of distortion? The Logitech speakers have real tweeters that spread high frequencies and distortion all around which is maybe what you like to hear?

100W to 150W of power is much more than the Logitech so maybe you do not turn up the volume too high for the amplifier to produce distortion? The Beyma speakers are also very cheap and instead of using a tweeter for high frequencies they use simple "wizzer cones" that beam high frequencies in only one narrow on axis direction so off axis they sound muffled which is maybe what you do not like to hear?

Class D amplifiers have become popular for this purpose. Portable, powerful, efficient. Takes more work to construct than old-fashioned type, as you might expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back