Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with small circuit simplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

wozzzzza

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What i am doing is creating a display board that will sit in the middle of my house to act as a display to whether the front gate is open or closed, side garage roller door is open or closed, the side door is open or closed, the side door is locked or unlocked.
altogether there will be 6 inputs with a tricolour led, when the red light is lit it means the gate is open or door unlocked and when green means it is closed or locked.
What i have attached is a working circuit with a tri colour led, the reed switch that will be used to telll if gate/door opened or closed. when the switch is closed meaning the gate etc.. is closed the green LED willl light, but when the gate opens the red LED will light.
now the diagram below operates only one reed switch and one LED, i have to multiply the circuit 6 times to get 6 circuits and 6 LEDS working how i want.

What i want to know is if there is a simpler way for 6 inputs to get the out put i described but an easier way or whether the below circuit can be simplified??

anyone? didnt think it was a difficult question for people in the know which i am not, been 10 years since i played with electronics and forgotten most of it.

dont worry, delete me from this forum, delete this thread, i found another board where its members are willing to help and have sorted out my problem, i will not be returning here where no one can help in a simple circuit, good bye.
i will not be recommending this forum to anyone, i will recommend the other one to all of my students.

Steady on Mr Angry,
At least give people a chance to read your post. Most of us are busy people that just check in occasionally, if you are patient, people will help you. You can do it with 2 leds and two resistors, unless you particularly want to use a bi coloured led.

This forum is to try to get help, is not an obligation for the members to answer, and this applies to all the forums.

People is more willing to help when you have most of the job done and some doubts about the problem, but if you ask for the complete solution, then it is more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back