Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with reading external patterns Tetramax

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavokcm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have generated my own pattern set using a c++ program. I want to fault simulate these patterns using tetramax for a design with multiple scan chains

The problem:
patterns generated by tetramax have values for inputs and outputs, I only have the input values for my patterns since I generated them myself. right now I made all my output values be T (ex. scan_in0=10111010; scan_out0 = TTTTTTTT; )

What I have done so far:
I generated ATPG patterns with tetramax and used the same format to generate a STIL file with my patterns, instead of the atpg patterns.

When I run_fault_sim with my external patterns in tetramax, I get a really low test coverage (24.88%).

To check whether my patterns were bad or the results were erroneous, i copied the deterministic patterns into my pattern, this should give me a high test coverage because the patterns used are deterministic, but I got (25.25% instead of the 96% obtain with ATPG).

Could anyone help me with fault simulating external patterns that I generated?

(If this can be done with fastscan, that would be helpful too, either tool will work)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back