Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with question on Wavelet Decomposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am newbie in wavelets..
Just read the MATLAB wavelet tutorial as I found it the simplest amongst others to understand..

I want to ask that during the DECOMPOSITION phase in the DWT, when a signal is convolved with HPF and LPF to yield details and approximation..

Q: How are the co-efficients chosen for the HPF and LPF so that they can be convolved with a given signal , say s. Assume, say I use daubechies 2 wavelet.

Q. If we go deeper down the decomposition level, say till 3 or 4, whatever.. do the values of the filter co-effiecients remain the same for HPF and LPF throughout different levels, or do they change ? If they change, how are these values determined then ?

Can someone please help me with these concepts..
Help would be appreciated

Regards

You can read this paper

**broken link removed**

first part of it is enough for intuitive understanding basics of wavelet transform.

>>Q: How are the co-efficients chosen for the HPF and LPF so that they can be >>convolved with a given signal , say s. Assume, say I use daubechies 2 wavelet.
You can use any wavelet. But for every task there is optimal wavelets. Unfortunately, there is not too much papers about optimality of wavelets in different cases.

>>Q. If we go deeper down the decomposition level, say till 3 or 4, whatever.. do >>the values of the filter co-effiecients remain the same for HPF and LPF >>throughout different levels, or do they change ? If they change, how are these >>values determined then ?
Coefficients remain the same from stage to stage.

PS.:Some similarity you can see in fractals :)

sanjay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back