Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with PLC 214,(Subroutines,tables and memory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRAIG

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use subroutines in s7 software

I made a program in ladder diagram which turns on an output for 3secs.Then it turns it off and turns on another output for 5 secs.It does this 4 times.

I want to do the same in a subroutine.

As i understood from the help of Mirco/Win i have to make a table and to fill memory with the data i want.

Problem is i didnt understand anything else.

Can someone tell me 2 things to understand how i can do it with a subroutine that is called again and again and does it with variables that change the output and the duration.

Also if you have any links i could study

Thank you in advance

subroutine micro win

KRAIG said:
I made a program in ladder diagram which turns on an output for 3secs.Then it turns it off and turns on another output for 5 secs.It does this 4 times.

I want to do the same in a subroutine.

As i understood from the help of Mirco/Win i have to make a table and to fill memory with the data i want.

Problem is i didnt understand anything else.

Can someone tell me 2 things to understand how i can do it with a subroutine that is called again and again and does it with variables that change the output and the duration.

Also if you have any links i could study

Thank you in advance

is the plc Siemens s7 214 ?

s7 212 manual

Yes this is the plc(s7 214).

subroutine plc ladder

KRAIG said:
Yes this is the plc(s7 214).
do you know how a plc works?
do you have the manual of the s7 214 ?

plc subroutine

i have studied the only source of information i have and that is the help file of micro win v4.0.1.I know a lot about mcu programming,however.

We dont have any books in my school,nor the manual.That is the reason why i ask for some links.

Anyway today i was able to do something.

I made a subroutine.When i close the I0.0 switch it enters the sub.

sub:

net 1:

( in ladder):
move the address of Vb0 to (pointer) Ac1 (MOV_DW,&VB)->AC1)

net 2:

add to the ac1 the number 2,so as to go to the next variable. Then de-reference the pointer and i use it as a value to a timer.(T32,PT= *AC1)

So by using these variables and setting tha data block like this:

vb0 0000
vb2 2000
vb4 1000

I think that my subroutine is able to pass different value(tha ones in the datablock) to the timer.

am i wrong somewhere?

I also used the same method to have different ouputs for every time.

s7 ac1 +i

KRAIG said:
i have studied the only source of information i have and that is the help file of micro win v4.0.1.I know a lot about mcu programming,however.

We dont have any books in my school,nor the manual.That is the reason why i ask for some links.

Anyway today i was able to do something.

I made a subroutine.When i close the I0.0 switch it enters the sub.

sub:

net 1:

( in ladder):
move the address of Vb0 to (pointer) Ac1 (MOV_DW,&VB)->AC1)

net 2:

add to the ac1 the number 2,so as to go to the next variable. Then de-reference the pointer and i use it as a value to a timer.(T32,PT= *AC1)

So by using these variables and setting tha data block like this:

vb0 0000
vb2 2000
vb4 1000

I think that my subroutine is able to pass different value(tha ones in the datablock) to the timer.

am i wrong somewhere?

I also used the same method to have different ouputs for every time.

i used the plc s7 212 once to program some runing lights but i didn't use subroutines just blocks and they keep reccuring, and a few timers. i bet the plc s7 214 is not that different from it.

i am not really getting what you really want to do with the sub routine ?
what are you using the plc for ?

plc subroutin

I want to turn on Q0.0 for 3 secs,then turn it off and turn on for 5secs Q0.1 then turn Q0.1 off and turn on Q0.2 for 7 secs.

plc subroutines

KRAIG said:
I want to turn on Q0.0 for 3 secs,then turn it off and turn on for 5secs Q0.1 then turn Q0.1 off and turn on Q0.2 for 7 secs.

definitley you need more than 2 networks

simplest way is

---|T1|---|/T2|---|/T3|---(q0.0)

---|/T1|---|T2|---|/T3|---(q0.1)

---|/T1|---|/T2|---|T3|---(q0.2)

this is the logic now you need to implement it, i dont have the s7 software sry :|.

Do you know how timers work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.