Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with PIC18 WDT as the program resets every 2-3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpasatio

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I’m trying to simulate in Proteus 6SP4 one hi-tech PICC18 8.3 Program without any result. The Program resets each 2 or 3 seconds. I suppose that the problem is the WDT. When I activate it ,the WDT resets the program and when I deactivate it, the micro doesn’t start the program.
I have tried to configure the micro with __config() and with the chip options in proteus, without any result for days.
Maybe the problem is the compiler (I use the demo program), any bug in the Proteus 6sp4, or the MPLAB 6.3?
Any suggest? Does any of you have the same problem?

I don’t know what to do. I have studied the samples of proteus (calculator and chess) and I don’t see any special thing related to the fuses or something similar.

Thanks

pic18 + wdt on

Very silly question but have you wired the MCLR pin ? The PIC18 model boots from this so if it's floating nothing will happen and the processor wont make it out of reset...

Status
Not open for further replies.